Family name: Tump
First names: Rainer
Date of birth: 02 April 1961
Place of Residence: Bielefeld, Germany
Civil Status: Married
|Institution [Date from – Date to]||Degree(s) or Diploma(s) obtained:|
|University of Bielefeld, Research Centre for International Development, Germany [1982 – 1988]||Master of Science in Sociology – specialisation: Development Planning & Rural Development|
|City Administration Drolshagen, Germany [1977 – 1980]||Apprenticeship as Administration Clerk (Graduation)|
Language skills: Indicate competence on a scale of 1 to 5 (1 – excellent; 5 – basic)
|Membership of professional bodies:||AGEG Consultants eG (since 1997)|
|Other skills:||Proficient user of Ms Office, SPSS, InDesign, Web Development|
|Present position:||Freelance Consultant with focus on agriculture and rural development (since 1996)|
Key qualifications (relevant to the assignment):
- 29 years of overall working experience in management, monitoring and backstopping of development projects with focus on agriculture, rural development, capacity building, institutional development and strengthening of farmer´s associations.
- 12 years’ experience as project manager with the following positions:
- 1988 – 1994: Project manager for rural development and education projects in Mozambique and Zimbabwe of (World House Bielefeld);
- 2000 – 2006: Project manager for the projects “Apoio ao PROAGRI Sofala” (APROS) and “Economic Promotion of Small-scale Farmers (PROMEC) of the Austrian Development Cooperation, implemented by Horizont3000 Development Consult.
- 11 years´ working experience in Mozambique as team leader, back stopper, trainer, researcher and evaluator. The 42 assignments since 1994 included the following positions:
- 1994 – 1996: Regional Coordinator of the GTZ program “Open Reintegration Fund for Demobilized Soldiers”, co-financed by German BMZ and the World Bank;
- 15 trainings on agricultural production and marketing for partner organizations of GIZ, Misereor, ADA, Bread-for-the-World, Christian Aid, Horizont3000 and German Agro Action in Mozambique;
- Capacity building and institutional development for the Mozambican Ministry of Agriculture and Food Securityon national, provincial and district level;
- Research on agriculture and rural development including the study “Institutional framework for decentralisation in the agricultural sector in Mozambique” for the European Commission.
- 8 years´ working experience in the field of agricultural economics and Private Sector Developmentwith focus on value chains and marketing of agricultural products on local and regional markets.
- Vast experienced as team leader, human resource management, reporting and financial administration of development projects with focus on the SADC region.
- Excellent knowledge of legal, political and socio-economic developments in Mozambique with a big network of national and international experts in and outside Mozambique.
- Excellent spoken and written Portuguese and English.
Please download the full Curriculum Vitae
in english: Curriculum Vitae english
or portuguese: Curriculum Vitae Portuguese